Academic writing is referred to as a particular style of expression. This is a skill that people in different domain (students, teachers, people in administration, and many more) need to have. We strive to build the confidence of our trainees while writing essays, reports, minutes, presentations, research papers, business letter writing.
This course is designed to help those intending to continue their studies at higher education (university) level and those already studying at university develop their language and study skills necessary for success in the higher education program of their choice.
At the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
- plan and write a more sophisticated argument essay
- identify plagiarism and explain how to prevent it
- read and analyze several articles to form your own opinion on a topic
- make connections between several articles
- form thesis statements from your readings
- use sources effectively when writing an essay
The course covers:
- Academic reading & writing
- Vocabulary extension
- Text analysis
- Report & essay writing
- Study skills and strategies
- Listening & note-taking skills
- Taking the minutes of a meeting
- Academic grammar
- Presentation skills
- Pronunciation skills
Duration: 100 hours
To complete this course, the applicant has to pay RwF50, 000 payable on the account ………..found in Bank of Kigali. Foreigners pay 100USD on the account … found in Equity Bank or via Western Union.